In Daxto you can add relations, we have divided them into persons and organizations. To make it easier for yourself, it is useful to add your relations before you start creating or processing invoices. If you do this in advance, then you can choose the name of the person or organization from a list when you arrive at the name of the recipient or sender. This is very practical, as you can now immediately proceed to fill in the rest of the invoice.
How do I add persons in Daxto?
In this article, we are going to help you step by step with adding persons in Daxto. If you want to know how to add organizations, click here.
To get started, when you are logged in, go to Menu → Relations → Persons. When you get here, click the Add a new person button.
Add a person
On this page you will see a number of fields that you can start filling out. Next to some of the fields is an that you can lean on with your mouse cursor for extra help, should you need it.
The date of birth is automatically set to the day it is at the time of adding. You can change it later if you want, for example if the person's date of birth is unknown to you. If you leave the field blank when editing, the date of birth will be Unknown.
At the very bottom you will see a checkbox that you can check or uncheck, called "Autopilot". By checking this checkbox you can have your Daxto assistant automatically send payment or invoice reminders.
When you have entered everything, click on Save. You will automatically arrive at a new page with an overview. Here you can see all the information you just entered, but you can also add more. To do so, click on the Add information button. You will then get a number of options to choose from: address, e-mail address, phone, preferred language, social media and website. We will discuss them separately below.Address
- Label (optional): Here you can enter something yourself if, for example, you want to add some extra information to the address to clarify something for yourself. This is information that only you see.
- Type: you have four choices here: billing address, correspondence address, general address or shipping address. If there are multiple types of addresses then you can add more than one address this way, for example a correspondence address and a billing address.
- Address: depending on which type you have chosen, enter an address here including the house number.
- City: fill in only the city of residence here.
- State: this may be left blank. In the case of a foreign address, you can fill in the (sub)state, prefecture, county or canton here, for example.
- Postal code: enter only the postal code here, without the city. For example 1234 AB.
- Country: this is the country you selected in the settings ( Menu → Environment → Settings) as the default country for relations. This makes it easy for yourself if your customers mainly come from one country, for example the Netherlands.
- Primary: check this checkbox if you have entered multiple addresses for this person, and want this address to be preferred to be used for this person. This means that only one address can be primary.
- Email address: enter the person's email address here.
- Label: here you can enter something if, for example, someone uses multiple email addresses or if you want to add some more information for clarification for yourself. This information is only visible to you.
- Primary: check this checkbox if this email address is preferred to be used for this person.
- Administrative: check this checkbox if this email address is preferred in case of administrative tasks, for example the email address where you send invoices.
- Phone: enter the phone number here.
- Label: here you can enter something if, for example, someone uses multiple phone numbers or if you want to add some more information for clarification for yourself. This information is only visible to you.
- Primary: check this checkbox if this phone number is preferred to be used for this person.
- Administrative: check this checkbox if this phone number is preferred in case of administrative tasks.
- Preferred language: choose the preferred language for this person here. The invoices and emails sent to this customer will also use this language.
- Social media: the address of the relevant social media.
- Label: here you can enter something if, for example, someone uses multiple types of social media or if you want to add some more information for clarification for yourself. This information is only visible to you.
- Primary: check this checkbox if this social media address is preferred to be used for this person.
- Administrative: check this checkbox if this social media address is preferred in case of administrative tasks.
- Website: fill in the website of the person, for example B-Art.nl
- Label: here you can enter something if, for example, someone has multiple websites or if you want to add some more information for clarification for yourself. This information is only visible to you.
- Primary: check this checkbox if this website is preferred to be used for this person.
- Administrative: check this checkbox if this website is preferred in case of administrative tasks.
Notes concerning persoon
Everyone knows the colored note sheets with the adhesive strip that you can use, for example, to write down something you shouldn't forget or to wallpaper your office space with. In Daxto you can also make notes, but then digitally. Handy, because you won't lose them because the adhesive strip has failed.
To add a note, click on the Create a new note button. You will then be taken to a new page where you can choose a number of options and fill out the note.
- Note priority: you can choose from four priorities here: low, medium, high of top. This is mainly to clarify for yourself how important the note is.
- Related organization: you can choose an organization from a list here. In this list you will see all the organizations you have added before.
- Written on: the date and time are automatically set at the time you started creating the note. You can change it to a date and time of your choice.
- Note: Enter the note here.
After you have saved it, you will see the note in the person's overview. You can always edit or delete the note if you want.
Sales invoices for person
If you have already made sales invoices for this person, then you will see them all neatly grouped together here. You can also create a new sales invoice here, so it is immediately registered to the right person. To do this, click on the button Create a new sales invoice.
Financial accounts of person
Add a financial account for this person here by clicking on the Create a new financial account button. This will take you to a new page where you can fill in all the necessary details.
Person is working at
If you want to link a person to an organization, you can do so here by clicking the Add Organization button. You will then get a drop-down list from which you can choose the right company. That is, if you have already added organizations beforehand. You can also check here whether the person is the primary contact of the organization. This can be useful when sending e-mails or invoices for example.