TEK, or Energy Cost Reimbursement, is a solution designed for energy-intensive SMEs. If energy costs are a relatively large part of your company's total costs, this reimbursement may be a solution for you.
To qualify, there are of course some basic requirements first, such as:
- Your company is registered with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Your company must meet the European SME definition. There is an online test for that.
- Your company consumes more than 5,000 m³ of gas or 50,000 KWh of electricity annually.
- Your business is energy intensive. So, at least 12.5% of your expenses are energy costs.
- Your company has fewer than 250 employees and annual sales of less than €50 million.
Does your company meet these requirements and could use the boost? Then it is good to know that the reimbursement is 50% of the cost increase of your energy consumption. However, your cost increase must be higher than €1.19/m³ gas and €0.35/kWh electricity.
You apply for TEK over the period November 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023. TEK must comply with European state aid rules and be approved by the European Commission. As a result, TEK may not open until the 2nd quarter of 2023. At that time, you can apply retroactively.
For more information, take a look at this page from the Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland.